Participating in an H2020 European Project: Qualichain: Decentralised Qualifications on the Blockchain.
My work includes research and development on several components of the project, including:
- research on self sovereign identity (verifiable credentials, decentralized identifiers, standards)
- research on distributed access control
- dApp development (Solidiy smart contracts, Ethereum, VueJs, NodeJs, deployment)
Code is available here
Working along the Portuguese government to improve the status quo by leveraging the blockchain technology. The solution provides an ontology to standardize access control logs and aims to secure Justice data.
Interacted closely with the top technical management of IGFEJ to satisfy level production configuration. This work included:
-The study of processes at the Portuguese justice
-Conceptualization of a blockchain-based solution to improve it
-Development of two blockchain-based solutions, with Hyperledger Composer and Hyperledger Fabric 2.2
-Development: smart contracts, web server (NodeJS, blockchain client), user interface (VueJS)
-Operations: deployment of the infrastructure at IGFEJ servers, operation utilities, documentation, and testing
This project yielded my master thesis, two scientific papers, and a working proof of concept, close to production-level, and ready to be activated.
I joined GCE, a computer science students group, when it had only two members, in September 2015, and it was close it its end.
In September 2016 I became a coordinator, and, in 2017, I became the person in charge for this group
• Coordinating a team of 11 people (raised the team from 2 to 11).
• Raise funds for activities (from 0€ to 3000+€)
• Organized programming competitions with a total of 140+ participants, involving 4 companies.
• Idealized, created and executed the following projects ( all open source, code available here):
• GCE Platform (www.gce-neiist.org) - Started the platform project, using the MEAN stack. (500+users)
• GCE-Thesis (www.gce-neiist.org/thesis) - Decision Support System for students to choose their master thesis topic (500+users). Approved by the course coordinator. Providing useful analytics about theses to the professors.
• GCE-Chatbot (www.gce-neiist.org/chatbot) - Helps students choose their master theses.
Co-created and executed:
• GCE-InsideView (www.gce-neiist.org/articles) - Interviewed professors from Técnico Lisboa. Interviewed three professors, and published the interviews on our Medium blog.
• Coordinated the participation in a group's joint effort to bring summer internships to Técnico Lisboa Students (www.istsi.org)
• Contacting companies to gather job proposals • Participating at Job Fairs on behalf of GCE, to generate leads and obtain internships
Participating at the Hyperledger Cactus Project.
As an early contributor of the project (starting March 2020), I gave my contribution to Hyperledger Cactus whitepaper.
Member of the CCC of NEIIST (2018 - Present) Member of the Conselho Consultivo e Científico, a council that advises NEIIST's president.
Blogger (July 2018 - Present) - On Medium, I actively contributed to 5 out of 10 of the biggest Medium publications with my experience in Blockchain, Software Engineering, Data Science, Self-Development, and Entrepreneurship. Written around 50 articles, with a total of around 80k views. Nowadays I write from time to time. Hacker Noon, Towards Data Science, The Startup, FreeCodeCamp, Startup Grind, I also contributed to HackerNoon, and to the Portuguese press, via the newspaper Público.
Técnico Lisboa Embassador (February 2018 - July 2018) - Represented Técnico Lisboa at the Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland.
Frontend Developer at TEDxISTAlameda (June 2016 - June 2017) - TEDxISTAlameda is the official TEDx experience of Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), Alameda campus, in Lisbon, Portugal. It aims to provide the scientific and student communities in Lisbon access to practices and ideas that are shaping our world. TEDxISTAlameda is a curated day-long, immersive live experience bringing local speakers, artists and a multidisciplinary audience together with the purpose of sharing perspectives, sparking deep discussions and inspiring positive change around ideas that matter.
Collaborator at Tecnico Lisboa's Students Union (October 2015 - October 2016) - The biggest and oldest portuguese student's union. The maximum representative organ of IST students since 1911, but, more than that, we are a team filled of young people like you. Between social and cultural activities, sports, job fairs, language courses, reprography services, we do our best to give you everything you need in your university.
Técnico Lisboa Mentor (September 2015 - July 2017) - The Student Support Unit (NAPE) promotes the IST students integration, supporting all kind of activities that contribute for a better involvement of the academic community, and it also disseminates the IST studies near the student community, with higher incidence at the secondary education level. My goals were, mainly: -Provide support to first year students of Computer Science and Engineering. -Provide support to Erasmus students. -Participate in formations offered by NAPE. -Work with NAPE on some of their activities. February 2018 - July 2018.
Computer Technician (August 2015, August 2016, and August 2017) -I worked as a intern at Câmara Municipal de Elvas (Aug 2015, Aug 2016 and Aug 2017). My main goals were: ▪ Computer fixing (hardware and software issues) ▪ Computer configuration ▪ Help-desk technician
Board Member at NEIIST (May 2015 - September 2016) -The Computer Science and Engineering student's union ambitions to promote initiatives related to information technologies. More information: https://neiist.tecnico.ulisboa.pt